I read an awesome blog, found here, where they wrote 10 fun facts about themselves. I thought that would be an awesome idea, so here I am. Here are 10 fun facts about me.
- I LOVE all things pink and glittery. Those are my two favorite things.
- Taylor Swift is my favorite. I’ve been to her tour twice and a music festival she performed at. I’ll be at 3 of her shows this year too! I can’t wait!
- My intern position last year was originally going to be in fourth grade. I spent 2 of my 3 last weeks of field work in fourth grade. Week 3, they moved me to second grade. They were thinking my field work would be in 2nd instead. I was really upset at first, I had fallen in love with fourth grade. Now, I wouldn’t change a thing! This is my second year in second grade and I don’t know how I would have taught fourth grade. Second grade is hands down my favorite grade!
- My classroom is THAT classroom. You know the one that is noisy and always doing crazy things? I believe that second graders should be able to move during the day. We rarely spend longer then 20 minutes without taking a movement break. We’re also a fully flexible seating classroom. I will blog more about that later.
- I sing all day to my students. About nothing. I sing to them during transitions or to explain a concept. I don’t know if they love or hate it, but I love it.
- Last year for teacher appreciation a child brought me an amazon gift card and a Dr. Pepper. He said, “When my mom asked you what you liked to do, I told her online shop and drink Dr. Pepper and that was it.” Well he definitely isn’t all the way wrong. I LOVE getting things on the internet. I prefer it to shopping at the store. I just love getting a package in the mail. It’s like a present to me from me! If I need something, and can wait the 2 days for shipping, I will buy it online.
- I am probably the pickiest eater you will ever know. I’ve got weird tastes when it comes to food. I like some foods on their own, but not with other items. Like peanut. I like peanuts on their own but not on anything else. To top it all off, my favorite vegetable is lima beans. They are delicious!
- I get my best teaching ideas spur of the moment. I think my best ideas happen when a lesson I planned, isn’t working out. Also, when my class isn’t engaged with a current lesson, I get good ideas then. I have created some of the most fun games when we needed something quick to fill time!
- I get told that I’m funny all the time. I definitely don’t think that’s true though. I am only funny when I lack sleep. Most of the time, I try to be funny and no one laughs but, I crack myself up. I guess that is what happens to most people anyway.
- I am a big believer in teacher self care. I try my best not to work on weekends. I usually bring home my work on the weekends and leave it in my car or at the top of the stairs all weekend. I think the work enjoys the little outing they go on every weekend. If I have a lot to do, I will work for maybe a half hour to an hour on the weekends. Most of the time, though, you can find me binging on Netflix and taking a bubble bath with the most amazing bath bombs! Click here to see the bath bombs I buy. They are heavenly. Plenty of scents to choose from them. They are also incredibly priced. Affordable even on a teacher budget!
Okay. This post is a day late because I could NOT come up with 10 fun facts. Writing these down was like pulling teeth. Read about it here. I challenge you all to list 10 fun facts about yourself. Good luck.